Tuesday, November 29, 2005

More to come soon...

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I know it's a bit pathetic, but I'm a busy man. I actually wrote a great post about a week and a half ago only to watch it get screwed up and deleted by the server at work. I was pissed, but what can you do?

So my journey has begun. I'm currently at my mom's in Wisconsin after stopping in NYC and Pittsburgh. It's actually been a very good trip so far. I've seen a bunch of people that I haven't seen in a long time. I stopped in NYC to see Trav and Amata. They're doing good. Josh just had knee surgery, but he's fairly mobile just after two weeks. Pretty damn impressive. It was too bad that I could only stay for a night, but it would've been too expensive to stay for longer. I parked my car at the official parking garage of the Waldorf-Astoria, so that ran me $50 (but it was my insurance policy, since my car was filled with my stuff). I have some pictures, but I'll probably post those tomorrow.

From NYC, I left for Pittsburgh. I decided to take I-80 to avoid the $20 in tolls on the PA turnpike. I think it takes about the same time either way, so why not do it the cheaper way? I don't think I used $20 worth of gas going the extra distance. Also, driving on those PA roads with all the trucks is a nightmare. I was driving at night...in the rain...with trucks going 75 mph. I couldn't see a thing, especially when I rolled by the truck. It was the most nerve-racking driving experience of my life. Anyway, I got to Bryan's at about 9pm on Sunday night. We went and grabbed some beers and I had some dinner. It was a real good time. I wish I could have stayed there for longer. Bry has got a really nice place and he's living with Rachel (his girlfriend). Trav and Josh actually sent me on a recon mission since they just couldn't picture Bryan living with a girl. Well, to all who questioned it, he seems to be doing quite well with concubinage. Better than most. C'mon...it's Bryan! What doesn't he do better than most of us?! NERD!!!

Well, I left Bryan's at about 10am on Monday morning and headed for Wisc. Pretty uneventful drive through Ohio and Indiana. I was planning to meet up with Nick in Chitown, because he was driving back from an interview in Indy. However, he was about an hour behind me. Then I decided to give Willis a call. He was still at work, so I met up with him and we grabbed a beer and some wings at BW3's. It was nice to catch up with my old freshman/sophomore year roomie. He's doing well. He bought a place in Chicago, is driving an A4 (like yours truly), and sees the occasional blast from the past. He brought out same names that I haven't heard in years. It was actually quite amusing.

After our little dinner, I hopped back on the road and shot up to Plymouth, WI, the home of Sargento cheese and my mom. I got in at about 9pm and hung out for a little while before hitting the sack. All in all, it's been a good trip. I've enjoyed seeing everyone and hope the rest of the trip goes as well (except for the rain in PA part). I'll be updating soon, so stay posted.

6 Comments:

Blogger For All To Envy More said...

Ya... soooo.. what time are you going over Karl's tonight?? It's Thursday... guys night outttt... Yup... just like every Thursday... Nothing changed. Right???..ahhhhh haaaa ahhhhhhh... Its so haaard.... to say good bye..... to Jaaaaay...eeeeeeeeeeee

6:23 AM

 
Blogger Sven said...

Yeah Jay...

Joe brings up a valid point...I got the beers this week, so dont worry about that...Should be a great episode of OC this week, especially with all that buzz about Mischa Barton's nipple popping out on the episode a few weeks ago...

Anyway, so you'll be over at the usual time, say 730pm-ish????

HUH???

8:22 AM

 
Blogger Sven said...

http://forums.sportsphds.com/viewpost.php?postID=27535


Friends... Country Men... Lend me your eyes. Click on the link above and vote whether you think this is the girl (Melinda) from the Real World or an imposter.

5:03 PM

 
Blogger Sven said...

Cut and paste the link...

5:03 PM

 
Blogger For All To Envy More said...

Where in the Continental United States is..... Jason Beher???

12:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meet my interesting site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] no prescription vicodin [/url]

http://trailfire.com/vicodin1
[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] order vicodin [/url]

5:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home