Wednesday, September 07, 2005

B-izz-ack H-izz-ome

So I've been back home in NH for about a week now and everything is going smoothly. It's just as I expected: good dinners, long commutes, and a manipulative little sister. Anyway, I moved everything in and it's pretty much stayed where I put it. I set up a desk for my computer, but that's about it. The rest of my crap is either in my room or in the second stall in the garage. It's a friggin' mess and I cringe everytime I think about it. Oh well.

So I went to the PGA's Deutsche Bank Golf Tournament this past Sunday. Damn, can those guys hit a long, straight ball. I've never seen so many balls go that straight regularly. Hell, I probably haven't even seen that many straight balls in my entire golf career! How sad is it when you can say you've been playing golf for a solid 15 years and you haven't seen as many good looking shots as you saw in one weekend? Ouch!!! Anyway, some of the notables were Tiger Woods, Brad Faxon, Freddie Couples, and Jason Gore (who is only notable because of his run in the US Open this year where he choked on Sunday, just like he did in this tournament). The whole time I was watching these guys I wanted to just go play. No dice. Not only could I not play, but on the back of our tickets it said no cameras were allowed on the course. So being the law abiding citizen that I am, I left my camera in the car. This turned out to be a stupid move considering I could have easily got the camera out there and no one would have said a thing. I saw some people were taking pictures of the players. It would've been nice to snap a couple pictures of Tiger and post them on the blog. Oh well. I'd rather take pictures of Tiger's wife anyway. . . she's purdy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay,
two questions: is there a restaurant in Manchester named "La Maison de Vin" and what exactly does it mean to get kick-fucked? Read The Onion to discover the source of my curiosity.

7:03 PM

 
Blogger Jay Behrer said...

Nark,

I'm pretty positive it is a fictional place and I can't really say I know what that means. However, I would be willing to guess it is very similar to "Dog in a Bathtub" but with a foot. What's your take?

9:47 AM

 
Blogger For All To Envy More said...

I don't what "kick-fucked" is... but I would sure like to try it.

"La Maison de Vin" is right of Elm St.

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home