Thursday, August 25, 2005

Madden in Lynn

I went out to Lynn last night to check out Bobby's new place. Actually, I shouldn't say Bobby's place, but rather his girlfriend Twyla's place. Anyway, she made some chicken parmesan for us despite the fact that she is a vegetarian and it was damn good to boot. While she was whipping up the food Bobby and I played Madden '06 for the first time. The game is awesome, as expected, but there were some new things for us to get used to. It was quite intimidating at first, but we managed, and Bobby shellacked me with the Lions. I used the Bills to no avail. This brings me to the newest, most dramatic feature in this game: QB vision. EA Sports has managed to make the game even more realistic with this feature, which is a highlighted cone that emanates from the QB, which you have to guide towards the receiver you want to throw to. As most of you know, some QBs have better vision than others, Peyton Manning being the epitome (I met him in New Orleans with a picture to prove it). Here's a little picture to show what the QB vision looks like on the screen.



Well, after dinner, Bobby and I played again, but in this round it was my time to shine. I was the Patriots and he was the Falcons. Vick had a pathetic vision cone, but could still run like the wind. However, to my surprise, Tom Brady's vision cone spanned basically the entire width of the field. It was sweet. It made throwing the ball a lot easier than it was before with the Bills. Ah, the little things in life. Overall, the food was great, the game was sweet, and Bobby and Twyla's pad was looking good. It's a damn shame that I won't be able to do this sort of stuff more often since I'm moving. Typical.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to make it fair let's post the scores of these games. The first game: Bobby's Lions:35 Jay's Bills:7 (or something ridonkulous like that, even with the game being shut off at halftime!). Second Game: Jay's Patriots:41 Bobby's Falcons:35 - Just puts it in perspective a little better. Hope your ready for the draft tonight, cause i'm not. Let me know if you want some Ernie's pizza beforehand... And I must admit, the chicken parm was pretty damn good.

5:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home