Thursday, August 18, 2005

Gambling Machine

My local boys (Bobby, Honan, and Nate Dogg) and I try to play some Texas Hold 'Em every Wednesday, but as of lately, it has been very sporadic. However, we were able to manage to get it together last night and man am I glad that we did. I actually pulled off my first victory with this crew for a whopping $40. I was worried there for a little while, since Bobby started to come back strong about an hour and a half in. I'd have to say that last night was the best game we have had so far. Everybody had the lead at one point in the night and we played for about 4 hours. I especially enjoyed it after going "all in" and beating Bobby's three-of-a-kind Kings with a full house of Jacks and 7s, where the last Jack turned up in the river. I was super excited after that hand. It was like something out of Rounders (and I was Matt Damon). Also of note was my 4-of-a-kind Jacks earlier in the night. Best hand I've ever seen, let alone actually had myself!!!

Anyway, not much else going on. I gotta start packing stuff up in my apartment, so I'm not looking forward to that. On the plus side of life, the auxiliary fan in my car is up and running. I brought it in and had it fixed on Monday. Turns out it was just a fuse, but it was one of the fuses that is under the dashboard, so it's a little harder to access. My dad and I definitely could have done the work, but we weren't sure that was what the problem was, so I just handed it over to the pros. Well, I hope Bryan and Trav collect on their bets with Jake. In your face, you tall blonde bastard!!! And, I'm out. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Behrer said...

I was wondering when you'd reply, Jake. I didn't know you meant me personally. It looks like the bet wasn't fully negotiated and shall be declared null and void. Yeah, that four seasons chick is quite the hippie. I'll probably delete it for everyone's sake.

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home