Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Move

It's been almost a week since my last entry and over that last week I have moved out of the apartment in the North End, purchased a digital camera, drafted all of my fantasy football teams, and watched the price of gasoline go above $3 a gallon. Wow!!! Quite a lot has happened since then.

So the move was a friggin' nightmare, but I would first like to give a shout out to my peeps who assisted that disaster. Thank you Dad, Karl, and Joe. I couldn't have done it (as quickly) without you. Anyway, to start the event Joe got stuck in traffic and then managed to get himself lost for about an hour, so I lost out on that hour of his help. Second, there is nowhere to park a Ford Expedition and a trailer in the North End, but my dad and Karl managed to find a spot about a block away that was suitable. That resulted in us having to walk all my crap a block to the trailer. Good times had by all there. Third, it was pouring rain out so that didn't help. Fourth, we did it on Monday so I couldn't put all the trash outside on the sidewalk for pickup. I had to leave it all in a pile in the apartment. I felt a little guilty about that so I left a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and a note, "Sorry about the mess. It's all trash, but I couldn't leave it outside. Get drunk on me." (Anybody know where that last line came from? Ten bonus points if you do.) Lastly, I was in a huge rush because I had to get back to the house for 11:15pm, because that was when my last fantasy draft started. A ridiculous starting time for a draft, but what can you do? In the end, the move was accomplished in time and I was able to draft a nasty team. Nasty in the good sense.

As for the digital camera . . . I have yet to use it at all since I just bought it yesterday afternoon, so no pictures for this post. However, as soon as I get it up and running, I'll be posting pictures regularly, I imagine. Just so everyone knows want kind of equipment I'm rocking, it's a Canon Elph SD300. I was going to get the SD400 but figured the extra 1.0 megapixel wasn't exactly worth the additional $100 for what I intend to use it for. It took a little self restraint to not buy the 400, but I think I made the right choice. Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Behrer said...

Nick, you win a visit by me in the upcoming months. I know you must be excited. I'm glad to see that you still have room in your brain for movie quotes that isn't taking up by all that medical/human body mumbo-jumbo.

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home