Thursday, September 22, 2005

Keri's Visit

Keri came last weekend thankfully, since I was starting to miss her immensely. It was a really good visit. Unfortunately, I had to work two days that she was here, but I was able to minimize time at work, so that was a plus. She was also able to stay busy while I was away by studying for the GRE and taking care of some other errands.

On Friday afternoon, we left for North Conway, NH. It's a beautiful area even with overcast skies. We stayed at a nice little B&B called Mount Cranmore Lodge. It's a small place right off the main drag of the village. It was actually previously owned by the daughter of Babe Ruth. They stuck us in the Babe Ruth Suite which had all sorts of memorabilia. It was kind of cheesy, but pretty cool at the same time. It's wierd how that works.

So on Saturday morning, we tried to go kayaking down the Saco River. No dice. Turns out the guy who was working at the kayak rental shop pinched a nerve in his neck and was unable to drive comfortable enough to drive us to and from the river. So we decided to push it off until Sunday. Miniature golfing turned out to be the replacement. Keri was a fierce opponent, but I was able to hold her off in the end after two sweet holes-in-one.

After golfing, we went to get some food and then went back to the hotel. The hot tub sucked us in for some relaxation but I had to get back to the room to watch the Badgers. We ended up going to get some food at a terrible, overpriced restaurant, but then went to Applebee's to get a drink and watch the end of the game. Badgers 14, UNC 5.

On Sunday morning, we checked out of the room and went kayaking. It was awesome. I have never been kayaking, but Keri is an experienced veteran at this point. We were only able to go for a short hour trip down the river, but I definitely recommend it to anyone. It was very peaceful on the river, but it had some fun little sections that got you moving at a decent clip. Keri and I both wanted to stay on the river longer, but we couldn't because the pinched nerve guy screwed up scheduling at the rental place all weekend. Oh well. When I get out to Cali, Keri and I will be able to do this sort of thing a lot more often. I can't wait.

After kayaking, it was back onto the road for us to the rent's house for some relaxation and football . . . only after stopping at the Yankee Smokehouse for some delicioius BBQ. Mmm, mmm, good.

4 Comments:

Blogger For All To Envy More said...

and they lived happily ever after.... THE END

9:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of football, someone needs to throw acid in Tom Brady's face. On account of the Packers' recent misfortunes, I have put all my NFL dice in the hands of the Steelers and that pretty boy (from Michigan no less) messed everything up. I know Travis has my back on this one.

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Jay Behrer said...

Look at you, Joe. You're the guy who disappeared on Sunday afternoon. And Bry, I think Roethlisberger already had acid thrown in his face. I mean, look at the guy. I understand the Michigan issue, but the Badgers slapped them around this weekend, which was soooo hot!!! By the way, your dirty ass Steelers took Harrison out for the season! However, I have Ward and Parker on my fantasy team, so I can't wish any ill will onto those fantasy studs.

10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are all the pretty pictures???

11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home